1. The “First National Marlborough Christmas Lights Competition” competition is a competition run by First National Marlborough Pty Ltd on and subject to these terms and conditions.
2. To be eligible to enter the Competition, you must be 18 years of age or over and you must be the resident living in a home located within Marlborough district (Eligible Participant). Only one entry (also known as registration) per household is permitted in the Competition.
3. Competition entries commence/open at 9am (NZDST) on Friday 13th November 2020 and close midnight (NZDST) Sunday 29 November 2020.
4. An entry is deemed to be received at the time it is received by First National Marlborough and not at the time of submission by the Eligible Participant. Entries must be received by First National Marlborough during the period specified in condition (3). Entries received after the Promotion Period will automatically be deemed as invalid.
5. To enter the Competition, Eligible Participants must submit a complete digital registration form (via First National Marlborough website) OR Paper Registration Form to First National Marlborough office 64 Queen Street, Blenheim by the specified closing date in condition (3).
6. Within three business days of submitting the Registration Form, First National Marlborough will notify the Eligible Participant whether their entry has been approved. If First National Marlborough does not notify the Eligible Participant that their Submission has been approved, then it will be deemed to be not approved unless otherwise determined by First National Marlborough in its sole discretion.
7. Upon entering, all Eligible Participants’ agree to have their address marked, published and publicised on the First National Marlborough Christmas Lights Competition Map. This ensures that the public know that their house has been entered and therefore can be voted for, as specified in condition (9).
8. Competition voting commences/opens at 9am (NZDST) on Friday 4th November 2020 and closes midnight (NZDST) Sunday 20 December 2020.
9. Photos of any eligible entrants may be posted on the First National Marlborough Facebook page at any time during the entire competition Promotion Period 13th November 2020 to 22th December 2020.
10. The winners for the three Prizes will be determined based on eligible votes received by First National Marlborough via digital voting form and paper voting form submitted to First National office 64 Queen Street, Blenheim. The entrant with the highest, second highest and third highest number of eligible votes received by midnight Friday 18th December 2019 will be deemed 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize winners, respectively, of the competition.
11. The total prize pool of the Competition is $1,750 (GST included) which consists of three (3) prizes to be awarded to the three winners to be determined in accordance with paragraph 10 of these Terms and Conditions. The three cash prizes are: (a) First prize: $1000 prize in the form of a pre-loaded Prezzy Card (b) Second prize: $500 prize in the form of a pre-loaded Prezzy Card (c) Third prize: $250 prize in the form of a pre-loaded Prezzy Card (Prizes). If there is a tie for any of the Prizes the Prize will be shared equally between the tied winners.
12. As referenced in (11) the Prizes will be provided in the form of a Prezzy Card pre-loaded the with referenced prize amount. The Prezzy Card will have to be collected by the winner from First National Marlborough within normal business operating hours , unless otherwise organised by mutual agreement upon winner announcement. Note: that the office will be closed from 5pm 20th December, re opening 830am on the 6th January 2020.
13. First National Marlborough’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to any dispute or other matter arising in relation to the Competition.
14. First National Marlborough reserves the right to inspect entries and votes as part of the audit process to distinguish eligibility. First National Marlborough, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify entries and votes that are not in the spirit of the Competition. Subject to these terms and conditions, First National Marlborough reserves the right to alter the criteria to determine a winner, or not appoint a winner.
15. The winners will be notified Friday 22nd of December 2020 via phone or email by a First National Marlborough authorised representative. Winners’ details will also be published on the First National Marlborough Facebook page and First National Marlborough Website and may be used for other promotional purposes online and in other media.
16. Eligible Participants acknowledge that the Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
17. Each Eligible Participant consents to First National Marlborough using his or her name, address and photograph/video of their Christmas lights in any media for promotional purposes related to the Competition. Each winner agrees to participate and co-operate as required by First National Marlborough in promotional activities relating to the Competition.
18. First National Marlborough accepts no responsibility for any late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, incorrectly submitted, delayed or ineligible entries, applications, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, theft, deletion, destruction, transmission, interruption, communications failure or otherwise. First National Marlborough has no control over the postal system, internet, telecommunications networks or lines and accepts no responsibility for any problems associated with them, whether due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise.
19. If for any reason any aspect of the Competition is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, telecommunications networks failure, bugs tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any cause beyond the control of First National Marlborough which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition, First National Marlborough reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition subject to the approval of relevant authorities, if and only to the extent required.
20. By entering and participating in the Competition, Eligible Participants agree to hold harmless, defend and indemnify First National Marlborough and Facebook from and against any and all claims, demands, liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), losses, costs or expenses, with respect to or arising out of or related to the Eligible Participant’s participation in the Competition.
21. None of First National Marlborough and its related bodies corporate are liable to any winner or any other person in any way (including but not limited to liability for negligence) for any loss, expense, damage or injury which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any negligence) in connection with all or any of the promotion, the Competition or acceptance, transportation, delivery or use of the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum liability allowable by law).
22. Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes, restricts or modifies the rights of any person or entity as a “consumer” under their statutory rights to the extent the law does not allow them to be excluded, restricted or modified.
23. These terms and conditions are governed by and to be interpreted in accordance with the laws of New Zealand.